Saturday, January 3, 2015

My life from A to Z: Affirmations

Affirmations can be defined as a method of self improvement, the process of affirming something, or the emotional support or encouragement.

Some use affirmations as mantras to help themselves change their thinking patterns.  One such affirmation I've used over and over in my life is: I can do this!

A few positive affirmations worth pondering:
  • I am happy and healthy.
  • I am surrounded by people who care about me.
  • I have energy to go through the day.
  • My mind is clear.
  • I am focused.
My personal affirmation

I can do this.  A number of years ago, I found that my distractibility was actually getting in my way of being productive.  In a major way!  Distractibility and procrastination do on occasion rear their ugly heads however with learning the art of mindfulness and having the mantra that "I can do this" has help in many ways.

What's your personal affirmation?  What has it helped?

No comments: