Friday, August 22, 2014

{Moon Sand}


Friday afternoon fun...

I told my nephews they could have a stay at home day with Auntie today, instead of going to day care.  Our morning activity of choice was Moon Sand.  It was super easy to make and provided them with nearly an hour of uninterrupted play.  This is what it takes....

1- container large enough to hold...
8 cups of flour

you will also need 1 cup of baby oil


Mix them together

And you get "Moon Sand" or "Cloud dough" as some call it.

These were just a few of the utensils they used.
While "Moon Sand" is available to purchase at most stores such as Target, it was a fraction of the cost to make and the kids loved mixed it together.  I suppose if you wanted you could add a few drops of food coloring to make it colored.  I split the batch into three different containers so that each child had their own to play with.  

***Be prepared for a mess.  If you do not like messes, I would not recommend this activity for you (I still would for your kids though). 
 Enjoy!

No comments: