Tuesday, August 5, 2014

{four-leaves: luck or science?}

There is a lot of superstition associated with finding, keeping, and/or the giving of a four-leaf clover.  It is said by some that finding a four-leaf clover is a chance of 1 in 10,000 and even greater for a five leaf clover; 1 to 1,000,000.

I've found both multiple times in my life.  So, being a realist that I am, I feel finding clovers is more of a science than chance.

A fiver and a four
Then again, according to my mother I was an en-caul birth which is fewer than 1 in 80,000 and those born en caul are said to be lucky, amongst other things.  So, maybe it is chance...

or perhaps it is just looking for the square or pentagon instead of a triangle in a clover patch.

Do you see the square?
I did not pick these clovers today.  I left them there to see if others would find them.

No comments: