Monday, July 28, 2014

30:52 {life}

When I was a child, love to me was what the sea is to fish; something you swim in while you are going about the important affairs of life. -P.L. Travers

This quote strikes a minor cord with me.  Love is the sea that children should swim in as they are learning and growing.  Perhaps given my studies, I am too acutely aware that not all children swim in the sea.  Regardless here are photos of children (and I can't forget the dog(s)) who swim in love daily.


Happy little guy...

Nadia isn't ever forgotten in the "love sea" at this household...
To my nephew, this is his garden.  To the adults this is a patch of weeds.  My nephew has put a sign in his garden.  The adults smile and encourage his play.  To not ever mention that they are weeds growing; is love.

Nadia would love nothing more than to be human; or perhaps I am humanizing her.  This is her attempt at climbing the steps to the slide.

Here my nephews bask in love by having their dad take time to read each of them a story they have chosen.

Sometimes the sea of love shows up in not getting reprimanded when you've been told not to put legos in the water.  To my nephew the lego boat belongs in water.

Shaggy is part of the "love sea".

And sometimes love shows up in just having your parents sit and watch you play.

No comments: