Wednesday, July 9, 2014

27:52 {goals}

Motivational Monday 27:52

What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.
-Henry David Thoreau

growing up with unstated goals
Whether we realize it or not, children have goals.  I don't think it was until I was in high-school that discussion of personal goals was verbalized.  In reflection, it feels a bit like a disservice.  If children are able to verbalize their goals earlier in life, I expect that goal setting would become easier and easier to follow through with.

I know that my nephew is unable at this age to verbalize his goal, but I know, his goal was to hit the ball.  If it subsequently hit me, my response would have been added value to reaching his goal.  It's just the way boys are.

No comments: