Monday, February 24, 2014

8:52 {a change in thoughts}

For the 8th Monday in 2014 we have this quote to picture...

"We cannot solve problems with the same thinking that created the problem. We must change the way we think. -Mary Marx ... adaptation from Einstein"

If you were to take a look into my brain what you would see is both dark and light, clear and fuzzy, organized and messy chaos, surface-y and deep, positive and negative and yet fantasy and realism.  Metacognition is basically thinking about thinking and or awareness of one's own thinking processes.  In order to change anything we have to understand how we ended up with the results that we got.  Many of my "problems" are created with various factors contributing to them, but one common factor in almost all of my "problems" is time.

This is just as much a picture of a clock as....

this is.  One chaotic and one clear. 
 Sometimes I live my life in color coordinated organization, without problems....


and other times I live my life in utter chaos...


it just so happens I am moving next weekend, so I don't see the stacked clothing as a problem at this time.  My original problem was that I started feeling that I had no time and that I have to pack and load a U-haul truck on my own (psst... I'm used to doing everything by myself and alone).  And then I thought, and thought, and thought, and realized that I was creating a problem with my thinking.  There are people you can hire to load the U-haul truck.  So U-haul truck/trainer rented, and movers organized to meet me March 1, 2014 at 11 a.m. to load the truck for me.  What a wonderful thing to change your thinking.

Head on over to Maaret to see how she problem solves

No comments: