Monday, January 13, 2014

2:52 {With a new day...}

Eleanor Roosevelt once said, "With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts."

The essence of this quote being that it's never too late to change one's thoughts, views, perspectives, attitudes, and so on.  One of my favorite sayings that epitomizes the jest of Eleanor Roosevelt's quote comes from a colleague of mine and it is that, "It's never to late to start the day over."

Some days you wake up in a fog, unsure of your direction for the day.



As the fog clears, and you do your best to regroup your thoughts, you may notice you're feeling a little "harried" and not quite ready to meet the world with directness.


Then someone fills your emotional bucket with a "warm fuzzy".

I feel loved when we play with "Squeekers"
Making it that much easier to be content, positive, and happy with life as it is.

My favorite perch
While Nadia (the white fluffy dog pictured above) doesn't have the cognitive abilities to 'think' about thoughts, she like humans occasionally needs a pick me up to embrace the day with courage and strength.  Back to the thought that it's never too late to start the day over, often times I find that my Eleanor Roosevelt strength and creativity for each day comes not at the moment I wake up but rather after I've had time to process the upcoming events of the day and have had time to enjoy a great cup of...

coffee.
And even sometimes then... my "new" day starts when I can sit down with a cozy blanket and my fluffy white dog at the END of a day to reflect on the events of the day.  The reflection allows for a start over the next day with more positive thoughts.

Head on over to Leann's to see her take on Eleanor Roosevelt's strength and thoughts.

No comments: