Saturday, October 6, 2012

people change...

... or do they?

Can people change?  It's a question I'm sure we've all asked ourselves.  Have you changed?

I have.  Most people will say they have changed significantly but don't give others the same credit.  I may be one of those people.  While the most noticeable change is in my physical appearance (no, not weight-wise, looks-wise) I may not have changed as much in other ways...

16 year difference
I have not changed in the sense that I am still strong-willed, opinionated, analytical, and at times stubborn.  I changed in the sense that over a span of sixteen years I went from being insecure and shy and holding the opinions/thoughts in, to obnoxiously speaking my thoughts, to knowing when and when not to engage a verbal filter.  

As far as if people can change or not... I believe they can with the right frame of mind and desire to do so.  Although I do not believe it is easy.

And a final quote to those who are shy or overly concerned about others:  Dr. Seuss once said, "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

No comments: