Sunday, October 21, 2012

Greta

Greta is my sister.  She is a runner.  She is a surgical technician. It is her birthday today.

Happy Birthday Great!
Greta once gave me a silver cross necklace and told me I was her angel.  I still have the necklace and wear it regularly.  When I put this necklace on I think of Greta, and remember how lucky I am to have her as a sister.  She may feel that I saved her once, but it is her that saves me from myself at times.

Greta has had more life experiences than most people should ever have to face.  From these experiences she has become a source of strength and non-judgmental.  She treats everyone with respect and has a genuine interest in people.  If she understood the strength that she possess, she'd move mountains with words and command stars to fall into her hands.

I don't get surprised too easily; however Greta has managed this.  She ran the 2012 Minnetonka, MN half marathon with two of my other sisters.  This not being the surprise.  After the run Greta, Mia, and I went to eat at Baja Sol.  On the way back to my house Greta turned to me with the biggest grin on her face and asked me enthusiastically "Wanna see something?"  So of course I said, "yes"!  She quickly opened the glove compartment of the car, inside was a 40 caliber XD Springield subcompact, surprised I said, "Greta!  What do you have that for?"  She just chuckled.  She had passed her conceal and carry testing earlier in the year. I have yet to go target shooting with her.


With utmost respect, I love you dearly Greta!  Happy Birthday!

No comments: