Saturday, November 3, 2012

I didn't learn that from your information

Last evening while my niece and nephew played in the kitchen, I was discussing my upcoming writing assignment with a friend.  The assignment is to write about the taxonomy used in classifying Presidential Stalkers,(as in those who stalk presidents).  I was particularly discussing the John Wilkes Booth's assassination of President Lincoln when it dawned on me that it might not be the greatest of subjects to discuss with my niece and nephew around and quietly mentioned to my friend, "It probably isn't the smartest to be discussing killing and death with these two around." 

Hallie with her ever so present listening ears turned around and said, "Who killed who?"  In efforts to not make it a large discussion I said, "Well a man killed someone a long long time ago.  Long before even your great-grandparents were born."  Hallie said, "Oh I know!  President Lincoln.  An actor shot him in the head!"  She paused for a second and then turned around and said, "And I didn't learn that from your information!"

No comments: