Thursday, June 11, 2015

| Baby Quilt | Hobbies |

One evening I decided I was going to make a baby blanket/quilt for my sister's baby.  I had recently purchased my first sewing machine and completed a few projects.  So why not jump in and start creating.


before starting any project it's important to get your audience comfortable...

The squares are cut: 4" x 4".  The cutting mat, fiberglass ruler, and rotary cutter are a must for straight lines.

the fabric patterns

The squares were laid out and then piled to indicate which row they belonged to and in what order.

and the sewing started and continued for about 2.5 hours.  The Counseling book is what I should have been doing-lesson planning for this fall.

time to pin and trim edges (I put flannel instead of crib backing in the inside)

pinned and trimmed

The final product.  I can't wait to give it to my sister!

So, what do you do with your left overs??

I made a doggie blanket.

Nadia seems to like it.

She might just stay curled up in it for a while. 

No comments: