Friday, May 1, 2015

Humane...

Those who know me, know that I became "THAT" dog lady after I adopted Nadia.  The one I vowed I would never be.  When I moved to Duluth from the cities I by default had to stop volunteering as a domestic abuse advocate.  It is important to be involved in your community, and I found I really missed having a place to give of my time, other than work.  One day at the mall I saw a couple selling coupon books along side of them was a great dane; one they had adopted from the humane society.  I was easily drawn in and learned through discussion that photographers were needed.  Thus started my journey to train to volunteer my time for the local animal shelter.  This time however I am using my hobby of photography while volunteering and I couldn't be more pleased.

So, here I am, as "THAT'" dog lady, using photography to help helpless animals in need of loving homes.  Here are a few of the many many shots I took today at the shelter.

















While my marshmellow hearted husband would take all animals home, it wouldn't be the humane thing to hoard them.  The humane thing is for me to make them look as beautiful as they are!  Best of luck to all of these little lovers.

No comments: