Thursday, February 7, 2013

Most things Finnish...

It's been one of those weeks.  You know the kind.. where there are no "free" moments, no down time, no time to yourself, there is always a mile long "to-do" list which multiples exponentially every time you look at it (oh wait, I am just seeing double because I don't have my glassess on), no but really the list multiples without you adding to it, leaving you to think Are there rabbits around here?  or why does this list keep getting longer?  This blog could further contain the facts of having a chair thrown at me and an attempted bite to my leg, but I think you get the point.  It was an "Alexander and the Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day" week, until...

I received a package in the mail with the follow contents:



At first I grinned.  Then as I saw the wonderful and beautiful contents my grin became a Cheshire cat smile from ear to ear.  The last thing to come out of the package made me laugh out loud... Saskatchewan Rough Rider socks.  I plan to wear them with my matching green (oh wait, it's black) Rough Rider bunny hug.  For those of you who don't know what a "bunny hug" is, ask a Canadian they are sure to know.

You see, I got this package from a Canadian friend.  Anita.  Anita is one of the most thoughtful people I've ever had the pleasure of knowing, let alone being friends with.  She remembers the small things about a person and uses that information for good, like sending you a care package after you've moved into a new apartment.  She appreciates each person for their individuality.  One thing Anita and I have in common is a love of Finland and Finnish goods.  The mere fact that my care package was more Finnish than Canadian tells how thoughtful and selfless she is.

Thank you, Anita!  Your care package was the highlight of my week.

p.s. If you can't read the writing on the tea packages, it's because you can't read or speak Finnish.

No comments: