Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Leah

A prophetic/predictive dream (also known as a precognitive or psychic dream) are  dreams that seemingly foretell the future.  One rational theory to explain this phenomenon is that your dreaming mind is able to piece together bits of information and observation that you may normally overlook or that you do not seriously consider. In other words, your unconscious mind knows what is coming before you consciously piece together the same information.

It has also been said that most people experience prophetic or predictive dreams at one point in their life however they are about common things (what they will have for dinner the next night, or that someone will call them they haven't heard from in a while, etc.) therefore making most people unaware of the fact they have indeed experienced dreams of this nature. 

For some these dreams are significant and at times scary...

Leah.  Leah is my sister.  She is 21 months older than I.  She was a year ahead of me in class.  She didn't live at home during her senior year, she drove from her apartment to school everyday.  

The story is this...

Sitting in the bus with another sister the CB radio went off announcing an accident at the intersection of the high-school road and the highway.  I clearly remember panic sitting in as I told the sister sitting next to me that it was likely our sister Leah in the accident.  As we entered the school, rumors were flying around about who was in the car.  I felt in my gut and knew without a doubt that is was Leah.  As I went to my first hour class which was gym class I told a girl that I was pretty sure it was my sister in the accident because I had had a dream about her the night before.  During my second hour class I told a mutual friend of Leah and myself,that I was sure it was Leah because I had dreamed the night before that she had been in an accident and died.  I was reprimanded and told I shouldn't say such things.  I arrived at my third hour class getting more and more anxious because no one seemed willing to share information about the accident.  Within 15 minutes I was called to the office and given the news that I knew all along.  It had been my sister Leah in the car accident.    She had been in a head-on collision with a Semi truck.  Once told this news, of course I started to cry and yelled at the counselor that "I KNOW THAT!"  She asked how I knew and I told her I dreamed about it the night before.  The counselor looked at me like I was a cyclops.  Later at the hospital when my emotions were somewhat uncontrollable I was told one of the most important things, "Listen.  This is God's way of preparing you for what is to come."   

I won't go into the gruesome details of all the injuries she sustained, bottom line is: she lived.  And this was the first of many dreams such as this one in my life.  Maybe someday I'll blog about others.

It is Leah's birthday in two days.  Happy Birthday Leah!  You are loved.

Leah and her Mother-in-Law

No comments: